56-year-old man hacked to death in Kilifi village


Police in Kilifi North are investigating the murder of a 56-year-old man who was found hacked to death inside his house in Ezamoyo area.

The body of Amani Kumanda, 56, was discovered on Friday morning inside his two-roomed makuti house located about three kilometres west of the station.

Police officers visited the scene and found the deceased lying in a pool of blood inside the doorless house.

Police said the body had deep cut wounds on the head, arms and legs, indicating a violent attack.

Preliminary investigations established that the deceased had two wives and had reportedly been having domestic disputes with his first wife over alleged infidelity claims, which police believe may have contributed to ongoing conflicts in the family.

The scene was processed and documented by crime scene investigators before the body was moved to Kilifi County Referral Hospital mortuary awaiting an autopsy.

Police said investigations are ongoing, with detectives pursuing possible leads into the killing.

Read Also  June 25 Statement by David Maraga Campaign Marks Call for Constitutional Accountability

Elsewhere, police in Tigania East, Meru County, are investigating the death of a 50-year-old man whose body was found by the roadside in Kinjo village, Mbaranga location.

According to a report filed at Kenya Police Service through Muthara Police Station, the incident was reported on Friday at about 10:17am.

Officers who visited the scene found the lifeless body of Alexander Mwika, 50, lying on the side of the road.

Police said the body had no visible physical injuries at the time it was discovered.

The scene was documented before the body was moved to St John of God Mission Hospital mortuary for preservation pending a postmortem examination to establish the cause of death.

Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations in Tigania East have launched investigations into the incident.

And an 81-year-old man was found dead in his apartment at the United Kenya Club in Nairobi’s Kileleshwa area, police have said.

According to police, the incident was reported on Friday morning at about 11:30 am by the management at the club after the deceased failed to respond.

Police identified the man as Jose Daniel Dhania Fernandes, a Goan pensioner formerly associated with Micato Safaris.

Both of his legs were partially wrapped in bandages and had visible wounds.

Investigators established from medical records recovered at the scene that the deceased had been receiving treatment at The Nairobi Hospital.

Crime scene personnel documented and processed the scene before the body was moved to Montezuma Monalisa Funeral Home for preservation pending an autopsy to establish the cause of death.

Police said investigations into the incident are ongoing.

 

Email your news TIPS to Editor@nairobinews.co.ke — this is our only official communication channel